Thursday, March 13, 2014

Results


Auntie was able to finish up all of the remaining tests this morning and met with the doctor this afternoon to confirm diagnosis and formulate the treatment plan.  The good news is there were no huge surprises or developments from what she had already learned at home.  I think it was a long and emotionally exhausting day on everyone.  Mom is flying home as we speak and we hope to have Auntie and Terry home soon, as well.  

Chris and I kept Auntie up to date on the groundbreaking ceremonies that had Rejoice abuzz today...I know she wished so much that she would have been there.  She was certainly felt in spirit, though!  I know I've been able to get bracelets to many of you, but I have plenty of extras if you still need some, just let me know!  

Again, thank you ALL so much!  We are overwhelmed with the outpouring of love.  We can thank God for a (relatively) good report today and continue to pray for strength, endurance, and peace as Kelli undergoes her first chemo treatment.  Please pray for traveling graces as we work to get everyone back home safely.  

I'll close tonight with a message directly from Kelli to everyone:

"Rejoicing in God and that the prayers of many have stopped the cancer from having spread further throughout my body. I cannot even express the gratitude I have to God and all the Prayer Warriors. It will be a journey, but with God's help and the continued prayers I will be healed. The good news is it originated in the breast. There is no major source somewhere else. He said my tests looked pretty good. There are more lymph nodes affected around the breast and there was a very small spot on my lung, but he is confident that treatments will get rid of that. I may very well have my first chemo here tomorrow or Saturday. Then come home. Dr. Boozer will help set me up with a doctor in Tulsa for following treatments.  Though I will want to continue to see my doctor here (at MD Anderson) for check ups, they say I can keep working as they anticipate the chemo treatments are well tolerated. 24 weeks of chemo. Surgery will come at the end of chemo. Please keep praying for me. I love all of you!"  ~Mrs. Owens


"Don't be afraid, for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with My victorious right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment