Saturday, March 22, 2014

Blondes Have More Fun...




So, my Mom and I went wig shopping with Kelli this week....all I can say is God is a very gracious God.  I was honestly dreading it.  I have hated this part of cancer.  I hate all of it, but this part just made me kind of sick.  I cannot imagine having to emotionally go through losing my hair...I realize that hair is just hair, blah blah blah.  I'm so grateful that the only thing we have to lose is her hair.  I am so grateful that there is treatment to get rid of the cancer.  I have perspective.  But I'm still human and this part sucks.  I know my Auntie and I knew that this would not be fun for her.  I prayed that it would go ok and I prayed for me to be a good "helper" in this.  God took care of the day for us!  We actually had FUN!  

I had told Kelli all along that we would be getting a blonde wig for her because blonde's have more fun, right?!  So, luckily for me, one of the styles (cuts) we liked was only available in this shop (for trying on) in blonde!  I totally think she's a "natural"!!  Ha!!  She was a good sport and let me snap some pictures.  I texted one to Terry and he thought she looked super hot.  I thought we may need to get the blonde one strictly for home, but Kelli advised against it : )  I texted the picture to Gary and he said "blonde's may have more fun but red heads get more attention!  Just ask Cal!".  Like I said, it was fun outing!!  There were no tears, but lots of laughs.  I am so so thankful.

We found two great choices that we brought home with us.  After discussion, I think the choice for Kelli is to go ahead and start back to school wearing one of her new wigs.  She went ahead and got her hair cut really short, which makes it a whole lot easier when it starts falling out.  For her students, this will provide some stability on the way they "see" Mrs. Owens...they won't have to go through several different phases of hair with her.  They will see the wig (which I truly don't think they would know was a wig until she tells them) and that will remain the same for the next year.  

So.  That was wig shopping.  A much better day than I could have ever imagined...thank you Lord!!

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with My victorious right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment