Thursday, August 21, 2014

Good News and The Next Step...

Auntie traveled to MD Anderson last week for scans to determine how the cancer responded to the chemo.  Praise God-everything looked GREAT!!  The reports said "complete response in breast and lymph nodes" and her doctor was congratulating her!  We are thrilled!

Now, it's on to the next step.  Surgery.  Kelli will be having a double mastectomy on Wednesday, August 27th in Tulsa.  Thankfully, the surgeon that everyone agreed on and Kelli feels led to use is in Tulsa...we are grateful that she gets to be so close to home.  No way around it, this part is going to stink.  We need everyone to continue to pray her through this!!

I am going to adjust the meal schedule for after she gets home from surgery to cover as many days as we can while she is healing.  I SO appreciate all of you who have taken meals!!  The website is www.takethemameal.com and you can search by her last name.  Message me for the password!

We have lots of "Praying for Mrs. Owens" bracelets left if anyone needs one.  We are hoping to have everyone wear Mrs. Owens favorite color, turquoise, on Wednesday in show of support on her surgery day.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!  I will update again on Wednesday after she's out of surgery.

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with My victorious right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment